It is important to know there are some sorts of supplements that claimed to help with weight-loss, but in reality, long term success are very rare. To be successful on weight-loss can be frustrating, because not so many people find it quite easy to do that. The truth is that, you hardly find someone who wants to remain fat in the remaining days of his or her life; that’s why people have been looking for ways that can help them get rid of that weight that have denied them the desired shape and beauty they need. However, there are supplements that can make you lose weight and also take care of a variety of medical conditions without any hassle. One of these supplements is Glucomannan, and that’s what we’re going to be discussing about here.
What Is Glucomannan?
Glucomannan, also known as Konjac, is regarded as a natural, water-soluble substance extracted from the elephant yam root. It is also a water-soluble dietary fiber that is available and supplemented in some of the drinks and foods we consume on daily basis e.g. pasta, flour, etc. Studies have shown that Glucomannan has a long history of use in herbal medicine and some of the traditional foods we eat like noodles and tofu. It was also found out that it’s originated from the Southeast Asia and comprises of about 41% of the dry roots of the elephant yam. Additionally, Glucomannan is one of the most commonly known viscous dietary fibers and has also been known to have exceptional ability in absorbing water without hassles. This supplement has widely been used and sold across the world and many people are adding it on their daily meals. Find out below, some of the benefits of Glucomannan.
- One of the major benefits of Glucomannan is that, it aid weight-loss faster than we can imagine when used as directed by medical professionals.
- It also lowers cholesterol.
- Studies have shown that adding some amount of Glucomannan in your meals can save you from developing heart diseases and can also help protect you from developing diabetes.
- Because it is known as water-soluble fiber, it is very effective in taking care of constipation.
- It improves appetite.
- It reduces the level of lipids in the blood system.
- It is also used in controlling sugar level.
- If you have thyroid complications, Glucomannan can help take care of within a twinkle of an eye.
Taking Glucomannan one hour before meal has proven to be effective; and also, a dosage of 2 grams daily has been recommended. However, for best result, split the dosage into two and take them twice daily.
Glucomannan Side Effects
Side effects may vary from the way people’s body respond to treatment. However, mild cases are reported when taken this supplement as:
- Diarrhea (on rare cases)
Considering the possible side effects, users are advised to stick to the right specifications and also avoid taking overdose to avoid serious complications.
Related productsview more items